Oriental rugs need extra care when they are cleaned. This is because they hold on to more dry soil then normal wall to wall carpet. That’s why we recommend professional oriental rug cleaning at our off-site rug cleaning suite. At our facility we can be more thorough than if we tried to clean your rug in the home.
We will come and pick up your rug, measuring it first and letting you know how much it will be to clean.
Types of Rugs We Clean
• Hand-made including Persian, Chinese, Turkish, Moroccan, Pakistani, and Dhurrie
• Machine-made including Wilton, Axminister, and Karastan.
• Any area rug made from wool, virgin wool, silk, cotton, blends, nylon, and olefin.
• Dry-clean-only rugs.
How We Clean Oriental and Area Rugs:
- Pre-inspect your rugs before cleaning to find worn areas, moth damage, tears, for type of fiber and it’s condition, dye stability or signs prior dye bleeding, stains, and overall soiling to determine the correct cleaning agents to use to achieve the best results.
- Pre-vacuum both sides of the oriental or area rug to help remove loose soil, pet dander, dust mites, etc. (This is a crucial step as wool rugs can hold an astonishing amount of dirt and still look clean)
- Pre-treat stains as needed and heavily soiled areas using proven wool safe chemicals.
- Shampoo the rug to loosen stains and soil with products meant to gently and effectively clean the rug.
- Complete rinse and extract to remove soil and stains leaving rugs clean and almost dry to the touch.
- Clean and brighten the fringes with a product meant for cleaning fringe.
- Hang Dry your rugs to prevent the edges from curling or the colors from migrating.
After the drying process all rugs are re-inspected, groomed, and then rolled up to be delivered back to the customer.
CFM also offers moth treatment or WoolSafe fabric protection for your carpets or rugs, upon request. To protect your investment in your Persian or Navajo rugs, and for your rug to last generation after generation, please call us to schedule a pick-up or for more information. Call us today at (206) 463-9583.